Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pancakes!! And Other Randoms

I ATE PANCAKES TODAY!!! I know it's retarded to get excited about something as silly as pancakes, but oh man, it definitely made my day!! I just had to share that right away because I am so excited!! Today started off good because of the pancakes (of course) and also because I got an answer correct on my Thermodynamics quiz this morning. To put that into perspective, Thermo is really hard here and like 15% of the class passed the exam and a 40% was the average score. So getting 1/3 on a quiz is really awesome!

I have some more randomness to talk about, actually. The first random thing is...it's allergy season! Hooray! Haha, I have not been able to stop sneezing in rapid-fire succession. This morning I sneezed 24 times in a span of like 3 minutes before I finally gave up and got a kleenex out of my bag. I thought I would be safe in the heart of Madrid since there's not so many trees, but I forgot about wind, so there you go. It's more annoying than anything, don't worry. So, today I get to go on an adventure to the pharmacy because I'm a little tired of having to buy a new box of kleenex every 5 days!

More randomness: I saw the musical Chicago the other week! It's playing on Madrid's "Broadway" more or less, and I thought it was too funny to pass up. Of course, it was all in Spanish, but I actually understood a lot of it. I would just sometimes get lost with the song lyrics. The set was great, and the tickets were really cheap too. The weird thing was, you had to pay 1 euro for a program, so I ended up not buying one...I always lose them anyway!

Finally, last Friday I went to Toledo again with Kruse! We explored the Cathedral, lots of old chapels, and some very old synagogues. The whole city feels really traditional: narrow cobblestone streets, cute little shops selling things from pincushions to swords, and really nice architecture. And the building interiors were even better. The cathedral is absolutely beautiful, and the ceilings in the synagogues were just incredible. My camera died after a few photos, but I did manage to take a few.

OH my gosh! I forgot, the best part of the day was when Kruse and I went and stood on this old bridge from the 14th century and looked over to the Tajo River. There was this little waterfall down there, and I was looking at it, and all of a sudden THERE WAS A FISH JUMPING UP THE WATERFALL!! So Kruse and I started watching and there were all these fish, attempting to jump up this little mini waterfall, and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen! I know I'm easily amused, but it seriously made my day. Unfortunately I don't have evidence of this because my camera had died an hour earlier, but it really happened, I swear!!


Random synagogue ceiling picture:
Aw man, I always unintentionally make these so long. Anyway, I'm off to go visit the pharmacy and read some articles for my Spanish Culture class. Hasta luego!

Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment