Thursday, May 27, 2010

Slightly Concerned about My Sense of Fashion for When I Come Back

I was window-shopping a few days ago when the thought suddenly occurred to me that I have adopted European style. I mean, I don't look at things here and go "what would I wear with that?" Now it's like, "oh yeah, textured tights, ballet flats, 2 gold rings, and white jacket all would go with that dress." God, this is going to be such a girly blog, sorry guys!

What I'm worried about is... is any of this in style in the United States? I'm pretty sure if I wore some of the things I wore here, I would stick out like a sore thumb in the USA. I'm wearing stuff here that I'd be like "naw, too intense" in the US. It's kind of like dressing like the pictures in the fashion catalogs. Leggings with shorts, scarves, oxfords (YAY,) and floral print are all really in style here right now, but I dunno. I'm just going to have to hope I don't look like a tard when I go back.

Speaking of going back home, I have 48 days left!!? I have this really strange mix of emotions when I see that. It's going to be terrible and tragic to leave Spain, but awesome to come back and see all the people I've missed so much. And then eat Buffalo Wild Wings. Really though, it's such a short amount of time, and I'm going to be spending at least 3 weeks of it traveling, which is definitely cool beans. So I have to hurry around Madrid, crossing various things off my European bucket list and trying to study for finals all at the same time!

By the way, I've got plans to visit Krista in Paris next weekend! :) I'm so excited! I'll end up in the city of lights on Thursday night and will spend Friday and Saturday in France. We might even go see Monet's gardens, which have always been a childhood dream of mine to see. I remember learning about them in Mr. Corsello's art class a long time ago, and I was just awed, so seeing them in real life will literally be a dream come true. There's one to cross off my LIFE bucket list!

That's all I've got for now! I've been studying a lot lately, which is pretty boring to blog about, so I'll work on doing some interesting things this weekend :) See you all later!

Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment